UPON COLLECTING THE VEHICLE
How to reserve?
- Online at www.uni-rent.net
- Send your inquiry by e-mail to email@example.com
- Call Uni Rent reservation center on ++385 21 797 327 (from abroad) or 0800 400 404 (free call from Croatia)
- Send your inquiry by fax to Uni Rent reservation center to ++385 (0)21 797 329
Can anyone other than myself drive the car?
Additional Driver charge: when there is more than one driver associated with a rental, the second, or subsequent, driver is referred to as the additional driver. There may be a charge applied for each, or all, additional drivers.
What if I have a problem with the car?
Uni Rent provides Assistance 365 days a year. Details will be supplied at time of rental.
What about insurances?
All rates include third party liability insurance.
CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) and TP (Theft Protection) – may reduce clients’ liability to relevant NWE (Non-Waivable Excess) which is Euro 400 for vehicle groups A – C; Euro 550 D-H; Euro 800 I-M (equivalent in kuna).
Super CDW – this optional fee which is 8,16 Eur per day for vehicle groups A-C; 10,88 Eur D-H; 13,61 Eur I-M excludes renter from paying excess amount (NWE).
Is there a minimum / maximum age for renting a vehicle with Uni Rent?
You must be aged 21 or over to rent a car and in any cases have held a driving licence for at least two year. Minimum age for car group F-M is 25, and for car group N,O,P,R,S is 28.
What documents do I need to present at the Uni Rent counter when I pick up my car?
You will need to present a driving licence in your name, issued by your country of residence. The driving licence must be valid in the country of rental and held for a minimum period of time depending on car group.
- You will also need to present a valid credit card (AMERICAN EXPRESS, VISA, MASTERCARD, DINERS CLUB) . An identification document, such as a passport, may also be required and for luxury models a second credit card . The same documents (driving licence and ID Card or Passport) will be requested to additional drivers.
- If you use a Uni Rent prepaid voucher (with a specified value or the mention Group Days apply), you must also present a credit card for the charges which have not been prepaid (extras, refuelling charge, excess due in case of damage to or loss of the rented vehicle).
What is a Rental Agreement?
The rental agreement is the formal contract, signed by Uni Rent and the customer at the time of check-out, which shows the terms of the rental, the vehicle statement and the rate applied.
Will there be a deposit taken with my credit card when I pick up the car?
Credit card is taken for authorization of funds (deposit) depending on the length of the rental, the type of insurance purchased and rented vehicle category. Deposit represents a guarantee for the vehicle rent payment and possible additional costs that may occure, any delays, lack of fuel, damages on the vehicle that are not covered by insurance, traffic violation fines, etc..
Please have in mind that the duration of the authorization and the time of the deposit release depends on the bank that issued you the credit card.
If it takes too long please contact us and we will send you our statement which can accelerate the process with your bank.
Do I need to check the condition of the vehicle prior leaving the location?
Yes, you have to check that the vehicle conditions written on the vehicle statement and if an apparent defect is not listed, please proceed to a joint examination of the vehicle with the Uni Rent employee.
DURING THE RENTAL PERIOD
Is there mileage limit for my rental?
Uni rent offers rate including unlimited mileage, which means that you can drive as much as you want. However we recommend that no individual driver be at the wheel for extended periods and / or without taking appropriate rest.
Can I drive into another country?
Uni Rent permit you to cross the border with the vehicle. This varies according to car categories and the countries you wish to visit. To cross the sea or the Channel, a written autorisation may be asked by the country. Check at the reservation time.
What happens if the car breaks down or if I have an accident?
Uni Rent locations provide clients with assistance. The numbers to be called are printed on the rental agreement and on the rental agreement wallet.
- In the event of a breakdown or an accident, you will receive assistance. You must always remember to call the police and to complete an accident report form, if an accident happens, giving a full account of the circumstances in which the accident happened.
- In the event of an accident, always make out a jointly agreed report with the other person involved (you’ll find one in the folder containing the vehicle’s documents). If you don’t, you could be held liable for the cost of repairing the damage done to the rental vehicle.
UPON RETURNING THE VEHICLE
What happens if I return the car late?
Late returns can affect the type of rate assigned to the rental. In most cases, returns of less than one hour late (up to 59 minutes) will not be charged extra hours. Returns 60 minutes late or later will result in charge of another day. Remember that our insurances only cover you for the period mentioned on the rental agreement.
Do I need to return the car with a full tank?
Vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel and you should return the vehicle with a full-tank. Otherwise, Uni Rent will charge for missing fuel at the end of the rental.
Can I extend the rental duration?
Extending the rental duration is possible at time of check-out or during the rental itself (according to Uni Rent acceptance).You have to contact or come in person to the nearest rental location .The extension is subject to vehicle availability and extra payment.A complementary autorisation may be requested on your credit card.
Can I return the vehicle outside the location opening hours?
Yes, you may return your vehicle when the Uni Rent location is closed, but please check return facilities when picking up the car. The vehicle will remain your responsibility until it has been checked by a Uni Rent representative.
Do I need to check the condition of the vehicle prior leaving the keys at the counter?
Yes, and if you found a new apparent defect ( not listed if any on the vehicle statement remitted at time of pick up) you have to inform the Uni Rent employee for a join examination.
Does Uni Rent offer One Way Rentals?
If you wish to return the car to a different rental location, please check the rate and feasibility during reservation process. Uni Rent operates a network of national key cities and airports in order to allow flexible travelling, however in non-participating locations you will be required to pay a higher price.
Aside from the basic rental price, are there any additional charges?
Additional charges to your basic rental rate may include :
- Additional Driver charge: when there is more than one driver associated with a rental, the second, or subsequent, driver is referred to as the additional driver. There may be a charge applied for each, or all, additional drivers.
Any additional equipment: baby seat, roof racks, satellite navigation is available upon request.
- After hour service: If you pick up or return the car outside the normal opening hours, some locations can bill “after hours service”. Please check at reservation time.
What methods of payment are accepted by Uni Rent?
Credit Cards: Uni Rent accepts credit cards: American Express®, MasterCard®, Maestro®, Visa, Diners, Discover.
All payments will be effected in Croatian currency. The charged amount on your credit card account is converted into your local currency according to the exchange rate of credit card associations.